From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virtual servers/services: which one?
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:11:06
1 Brian Davis wrote:
2 > What are these buying the OP over chroot for what he wants to do?
3
4 Sometimes chrooting is not so easy. I tried it for
5 apache + mysql + php + some cgi-scripts, and it did not work.
6 I have spent over month with it, and still a lot of things
7 were broken, libraries/links missing, etc.
8
9 On the other hand, most of applications should be able to
10 run on virtual server with none or very little modification.
11 Maybe that is one point...
12
13 I use chroot for bind and ftp, because the support it directly.
14 But I do not know how to do chroot for mail-server, web-server,
15 or some game-servers...
16
17 Jarry
18 --