From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Udev error and how to fix it.
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:07:37
1 Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 04:59 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> If that don't work, I may go to Firefox, which is installed anyway, and
6 >> Thunderbird. From what I have read I can transfer the emails and such
7 >> over from there since they are set up like Seamonkey. That's my
8 >> understanding at least. I could be wrong on that.
9 >>
10 > I've transferred thousands of emails between evolution, thunderbird,
11 > claws and back again, no probs (except for the time it took). I assume
12 > seamonkey shouldn't be any different (although they may all end up
13 > blank?!)
17 Actually I got it all transferred over just fine. I made a back up of
18 my home directory then just renamed the .mozilla directory. I got a new
19 profile and just copied over the email directory, bookmark, address book
20 and the passwords file. It went rather smoothly. This link which tells
21 what files are what is really helpful.
22
23 http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_SeaMonkey
24
25 That site seems to be down at the moment tho. Weird.
26
27 Dale
28