From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Linus Torvalds on systemd
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 17:40:15
1 On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 1:18 AM, Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
6 > On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 12:24 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann <
7 > volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
8 >
9 >> Am 18.09.2014 um 01:24 schrieb Mark David Dumlao:
10 >>
11 >> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 7:11 AM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
12 >>
13 >>> Mark David Dumlao <madumlao <at> gmail.com> writes:
14 >>> > You're the only one in this thread that's imposing on everyone
15 >>> > to produce anything. You're the only one in this thread that
16 >>> > SHOULD be producing anything. That's how open source works and
17 >>> > that's how it's supposed to work. We're not your unpaid researchers.
18 >>>
19 >>> I'm sorry, Volker pointed out that the pro systemd folks came to
20 >>> gentoo-user, waiving linux's dirty panties around. We ask a few
21 >>> simple questions, now you result to name calling?
22 >>>
23 >>
24 >> There is no "gentoo-user separate from pro systemd folks". You made
25 >> that up. "pro systemd folks" have been part of gentoo user for years and
26 >> years now, and they've been harassed repeatedly with "simple" loaded
27 >> questions based on wrong assumptions for years and years now.
30 >> and that makes it fine to constantly spread pro-systemd propaganga?
31 >>
32 >> So.. according to your logic, it would be fine to subscribe to systemd
33 >> mailing lists and constantly post why distri X or application Y is the best
34 >> of all?
37 > systemd is in portage you stupid troll, and it has been for years now.
40 and in fact I just searched my inbox for the search terms gentoo-user and
41 systemd and I had to go back an entire 150+ threads to encounter the first
42 "propaganda" thread that you seem to claim this mailing list is saturated
43 with - the Debian thread all the way back in February. Oh wow. Constant
44 posting of systemd propaganda left and right there, when it's _literally_
45 less than 1% of the encountered threads mentioning systemd in it.
46
47 You are delusional if you think systemd concerns are not part of gentoo.
48
49 You are delusional if you think this list is crowded with systemd
50 propaganda.
51
52 Don't use this list to push _your_ propaganda of how things should work for
53 other people.
54
55 > --
56 This email is: [ ] actionable [ ] fyi [ ] social
57 Response needed: [ ] yes [ ] up to you [ ] no
58 Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [ ] soon [ ] none