From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: MASKED Tilde with no `arch' what does it mean
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 08:35:59
1 On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:34:41 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > Seriously, Do you know why emacs-24 is masked like that?
4 >
5 > What little I know of Ulrich Mueller is that he is quite a stalwart
6 > fellow and not much would get by him. I guess its just that its the
7 > cvs version eh?
8
9 Yes, CVS ebuilds are generally masked as they are too good a means of
10 breaking things to be installed without manual unmasking. Copy the mask
11 line to /etc/portage/package.unmask/emacs to see if it breaks for you.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Fill what's empty, empty what's full, scratch where it itches.