From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: MASKED Tilde with no `arch' what does it mean
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 03:35:57
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 18:19:03 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
4 >
5 >> Ok, fine but first I want to find out what the unexplained tilde
6 >> means. There are only a handfull of packagew with that notation in the
7 >> masked file... where do look to find out its meaning?
8 >
9 > Try man 5 ebuild.
10 >
11 > "~ means match any revision of the base version specified."
12
13 Thanks... now I can go ahead and trash my system... hehe.
14
15 Seriously, Do you know why emacs-24 is masked like that?
16
17 What little I know of Ulrich Mueller is that he is quite a stalwart
18 fellow and not much would get by him. I guess its just that its the
19 cvs version eh?