From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing on nvme - not all beer and skittles....
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 10:10:53
1 On Sat, 30 Jun 2018 08:32:16 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > I had a similar problem with grub on this box. I decided in the end
4 > that it must be a UEFI BIOS problem: that it couldn't see grub at all.
5 > My solution was to ditch grub altogether and use bootctl from
6 > sys-boot/systemd-boot. Life after grub is much more pleasant, even
7 > though I have to work harder at installing a new kernel. :)
8
9 You do? I just modified my kernel build and install script to generate a
10 suitable loader entry. If you want configuration-free UEFI, try ReFind.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 We have a equal opportunity Calculus class -- it's fully integrated.