From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing on nvme - not all beer and skittles....
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 07:32:28
1 On Friday, 29 June 2018 17:38:20 BST Andrew Lowe wrote:
2
3 > Overlooking the freaky capitalisation, the machine fires up and then
4 > leaves me with the above on the screen and that's it. I need to hit the
5 > power button to kill the machine and reboot, using the boot order, F12,
6 > option to now boot the existing installation.
7
8 I had a similar problem with grub on this box. I decided in the end that it
9 must be a UEFI BIOS problem: that it couldn't see grub at all. My solution was
10 to ditch grub altogether and use bootctl from sys-boot/systemd-boot. Life
11 after grub is much more pleasant, even though I have to work harder at
12 installing a new kernel. :)
13
14 I doubt that nvme has any bearing on your problem - provided that you have
15 your partitions set up properly, of course.
18 Regards,
19 Peter.