From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] convert VOB to ISO
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 22:55:53
1 On 12/17/14 14:24, Matti Nykyri wrote:
2 >> On Dec 17, 2014, at 9:57, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> How to convert VOB to ISO? I want to burn it to DVD
5 >> I'm using XFCE and was looking for a GUI application but I can not find one, I've tired DeVeDe but it didn't work.
6 >
7 >What you need is DVD-author. These are rare now a days. Here is a list:
8 >
9 >http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DVD_authoring_applications
10 >
11 >I've been using Q DVD Author successfully for few times in 2011, but DVD-authoring wasn't at least back then fully automatic stuff. And also dvd's are becoming obsolete. You just create the menu structure and then the authoring program produces iso-image (videots.ifo/vts_0-0.vob). The 'DVD-language' kind of primitive (qbasic/any script).
12 >
13 >--
14 >-Matti
15
16 I used DVD-author few years ago but I was short on time and had to make a few DVD's in about about 8-hours. I forgot most of the commands and didn't have tome to
17 re-learn most of it.
18
19 I used:
20 - "Imagination" - to make VOB's crunching 800+ pictures takes few hours. The only problem I had is that it gives you a lengh of time of the show but it will not
21 calculate the size of the VOB in advance. So if the VOB is over 4.7GB it will fit to DVD; especially if you include rotating effects.
22
23 - DVD Styler - worked very good to create cover / subtitles and ISO
24
25 - To burn ISO on XFCE I used Xfburn - it was picky but it worked.
28 Joseph