From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No torrent upload
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:10:27
1 On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 15:49 +0200, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 >
3 > I have to use port 21 because my provider slows everything down as
4 > soon as he
5 > recognizes traffic on any port except those typically in use.
6
7 AFAIK the bitrorrent protocol is for ports starting at 6882. It's
8 likely that clients won't connect to your port (21) esp. since it is a
9 lower port # reserved for FTP.
10
11 But if you say it works on other setups then it should work also with
12 Gentoo. Have you tried running netstat? Have you ensured rtorrent is
13 listning on TCP 21 (in Linux you usually have to be running as root to
14 do this) Are you running something on your end that may be blocking
15 incoming TCP/21?
16 --
17 Albert W. Hopkins
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list