From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] (EE) R128(0): No DFP detected-RESOLVED?
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 00:26:59
1 The good news is that startx works. The bad news is
2 that the error remains on the login screen.
3
4 What I did was to let xorgconfig find my mouse
5 automatically, option 1, instead of selecting
6 Microsoft Two Button mouse, option 5, which is what
7 I'm using.
8
9 So, I guess this error is for something else, but why
10 it doesn't crash the server is beyond me.
11
12 --- maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
13
14 > Hi group,
15 >
16 > I get this error when I attempt startx. I have a
17 > legacy AGP Rage128, ATI card and the driver is
18 > compiled into the kernel to allow for the
19 > framebuffer.
20 >
21 > So far I've emerged vf86-video-ati and then, in
22 > desperation, xf86-video-vga without success.
23 >
24 > I don't see anything else under
25 > /usr/portage/x11-drivers that would suit.
26 >
27 > ati-drivers is for the higher end Radeon products
28 > isn't it, I mean the newer low-voltage stuff?
29 >
30 > There's a few links on the Web to similar problems
31 > but
32 > no solutions that I've been able to uncover.
33 >
34 > Maxim
35 >
36 > __________________________________________________
37 > Do You Yahoo!?
38 > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
39 > protection around
40 > http://mail.yahoo.com
41 > --
42 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
48 Do You Yahoo!?
49 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
50 http://mail.yahoo.com
51 --
52 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list