From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ebuild defaults?
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:37:05
1 On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 17:35:59 -0800 (PST), maxim wexler wrote:
2
3 > So, here it is again up to LICENSE where I'm stuck:
4
5 > # Point to any required sources; these will be automatically downloaded by
6 > # Portage.
7 > SRC_URI="ftp://petrus.thomasaquinas.edu/pub/linux/words/words-1.97-linux.tar.gz"
8
9 You shouldn't put the version number in SRC_URI, that way it still works
10 when you rename the ebuild for a later version.
11
12 SRC_URI="ftp://petrus.thomasaquinas.edu/pub/linux/words/${P}-linux.tar.gz"
13
14 > # License of the package. This must match the name of file(s) in
15 > # /usr/portage/licenses/. For complex license combination see the developer
16 > # docs on gentoo.org for details.
17 > LICENSE=""
18
19 It's in the documentation files in the tarball
20
21 Licence
22
23 All parts of the WORDS system, source code and data files, are made freely available to anyone who wishes to use them, for whatever purpose.
24
25 Which makes it Freely Distributable, surely.
29 Neil Bothwick
30
31 Drop your carrier .. we have you surrounded