From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FS for laptop
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 00:46:24
1 On Mittwoch, 19. Dezember 2007, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > On Dec 18, 2007 2:56 PM, Sergey Kobzar <tod.zullu@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Hi guys,
4 >
5 > [...]
6 >
7 > > - ext3 looks slow some time
8 >
9 > The defaults are slow, but you can change them and make it OK. Not
10 > super fast, but OK. Check out
11 > /usr/src/linux/Documentation/filesystems/ext3.txt, and tweak the
12 > obvious options.
13 >
14 > data=writeback and commit=300 in particular works fine in my VAIO
15 > laptop. And we're talking about laptops, so a sudden loss of power is
16 > not something that could happen at any moment.
17
18 there is still 'didn't resume correctly' or 'froze and had to hit reset' which
19 is as harmfull as power loss.
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list