From: Alan Grimes <alonzotg@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] pam
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 14:08:26
1 <paranoia>
2 Emperor penguin, brooding as usual: "I'm bored, how can we fuck with the
3 users this week?"
4
5 Chancelor penguin: "we can mask PAM for no reason. It has never caused
6 anyone any problem but removing it will drive the users crazy for days
7 trying to get their system working when they do emergency updates to try
8 to fix the instability you caused last month when you let the kernel get
9 out of sync with nvidia drivers to punish them for using proprietary
10 drivers when, for many years those were the only ones that would work.."
11
12 Emperor penguin: "Really, could it be possible?!"
13
14 Chancelor Penguin: "Well, there's a 90% chance that the entire system
15 can be built with pam disabled but it will require a massive re-build
16 and disabling several dozen default-on useflags and r-dep packages to be
17 removed. It will take the users DAYS AND DAYS! To solve it!"
18
19 -- Later that day the emperor addressed a throng of tens of thousands of
20 penguins --
21
22 Emperor Penguin "...Today, we once again re-assert our penguinosity by
23 wasting yet more of the user's time with no reason whatsoever..."
24
25 Crowd: "MASK PAM! MASK PAM! MASK PAM!!! LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR!!!"
26 </paranoia>
29 Clowns feed off of funny money;
30 Funny money comes from the FED
31 so NO FED -> NO CLOWNS!!!