From: fei huang <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to keep the souce for debugging under gentoo?
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 13:45:52
1 On 9/4/06, Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > "fei huang" <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com> writes:
4 >
5 > > however, I found the source from /usr/portage/distfiles does not match
6 > the running instance, then I realized that the
7 > > running executable is compiled from patched or altered version of source
8 > files. Is there a way to get the matching
9 > > source? if there exists a solution, it might be applied to all
10 > applications under gentoo that to be debugged, i think..
11 >
12 > Try doing 'ebuild /usr/portage/xxx/yyy/zzz.ebuild unpack' (as root)
13 > before running gdb to debug the program.
14 > --
17 thank you Graham, that's exactly what I want.. very helpful tip.
18
19 regards
20
21 daniel