From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: kernel panic -- finding proper config diff
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 20:45:43
1 > To me, that looks like /dev/sda1 (which is what the kernel is using as
2 > root=) doesn't contain any of the following:
3 > /sbin/init
4 > /etc/init
5 > /bin/init
6 > /bin/sh
7 >
8 > Noting that the kernel output implied that it was an ext2 filesystem,
9 > that looks like it mounted your /boot as /, which fails as there isn't
10 > any init available on it.
11
12 The partitioning scheme and fs hasn't changed. Just the kernel. It
13 wasn't a problem before. Also, I don't think the fs id is significant
14 since, if you look at the photo attached to the bug report, ext3 is
15 involved in that case. In the new config have CONFIG_EXT2_FS_XATTR is
16 not set, whereas it's set 'y' in the old. Maybe that's it. The
17 <help> page says choose N if unsure, which is what I did this time.
18 I'll wait to hear back from the group and give it another try.
19
20 mw