From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: kernel panic -- finding proper config diff
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 01:48:34
1 Ok, I went back and found what looks like a glaring error. The old
2 config had the CONFIG_PHYSICAL_START=0x1000000 under processor
3 options, the new one was missing a zero. A ha! sez I and "fixed" it.
4 Nope. I get the exact same panic.
5
6 Setting CONFIG_EXT2_FS_XATTR=y doesn't help either.
7
8 On a related note, I see that CONFIG_NR_CPUS only allows for 8 in the
9 30 kernel. Trying any other number leads to an error "Invalid Number"
10 , whereas for the 29 kernel, 64 seems to be the default.