From: Thomas Kear <thomas.kear@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network UPS Tools (NUT)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 04:47:53
1 > > Except one thing, everything is handled fine by gentoo's start-up
2 > > scripts. The exception is this: If NUT shuts the box down, a flag
3 > > /etc/killpower is created. At the end of the shutdown process this flag
4 > > determines whether the UPS itself is to be switched of by software.
5 > > It seems to me that this flag never gets removed. So a manual "halt"
6 > > also tries to switch off the UPS which might not be intended.
7 >
8 > Sounds like a bug to me. I can't give you confirmation, but I will
9 > encourage you to file a bug report. It should be a trivial patch.
10
11 Sounds like a bug to me too.
12 I am running NUT, but amazingly have never had a power outage long
13 enough to warrant shutting the pc down, if I have time later tonight
14 will hit the mains switch and see what happens.
17 Thomas Kear
18 thomas.kear@×××××.com
19 +64211031910
20 ==