From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network UPS Tools (NUT)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 04:31:07
1 On Tuesday 09 May 2006 09:32, Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] Network UPS Tools (NUT)':
3 > Hi folks,
4 >
5 > anybody using them? If so I have got a question.
6
7 I'm not but...
8
9 > Except one thing, everything is handled fine by gentoo's start-up
10 > scripts. The exception is this: If NUT shuts the box down, a flag
11 > /etc/killpower is created. At the end of the shutdown process this flag
12 > determines whether the UPS itself is to be switched of by software.
13 > It seems to me that this flag never gets removed. So a manual "halt"
14 > also tries to switch off the UPS which might not be intended.
15
16 Sounds like a bug to me. I can't give you confirmation, but I will
17 encourage you to file a bug report. It should be a trivial patch.
20 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
21 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
22 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
23 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh