From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New install - Wayland and graphical login
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 19:25:40
1 On 03/07/2021 12:00, Tamer Higazi wrote:
2 > Hi Wol,
3 >
4 > If I am you, I would install "mate" desktop, which is basicly gnome2 and
5 > gnome transition to wayland is as much as I know completed. XFCE is a
6 > bit behind, that takes a time ...
7
8 My make.conf contains "-gtk -gnome". I have ABSOLUTELY NO plans to
9 change that, sorry ...
10
11 Oh - and if "startplasma-wayland" won't run, I'm sure
12 "startgnome-wayland" won't, either ... :-)
13
14 But this has taught me a lot. Which was the whole point of the exercise
15 :-) I now have a much better understanding of how systemd and wayland work.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Wol