From: Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New install - Wayland and graphical login
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 11:01:01
1 Hi Wol,
2
3 If I am you, I would install "mate" desktop, which is basicly gnome2 and
4 gnome transition to wayland is as much as I know completed. XFCE is a
5 bit behind, that takes a time ...
6
7 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/MATE
8
9 What I figured out, that this is not the very only thing to have wayland
10 supported.
11 When it comes to screensharing and propper bluetooth integration there
12 is a fast moving project called "pipewire".
13
14 I have replaced pulseaudio with pipewire on my gentoo machine and teams
15 work smooth as well bluetooth with AptX HD.
16
17 url: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/PipeWire
18
19 what this article doesn't cover is to setup the "module policy section"...
20 Here you sould change in /etc/default/pulse:
21
22  load-module module-bluetooth-policy
26 |load-module module-bluetooth-policy auto_switch=2|
27
28 That makes it possible to automaticly switch the codec automaticly when
29 "mic" is needed.
30 (as windows does)
31 ||
32