From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] New install - Wayland and graphical login
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 15:05:40
1 What happens when you get to the end of the handbook?
2
3 I want to get a working Wayland setup with a (multi-user) graphical
4 login. When I set my old system up ($DEITY knows how long ago) I seem to
5 remember a page on setting up X, and all sorts of stuff.
6
7 Now, you seem to get dumped at working tty1 prompt, and then the
8 *helpful* documentation JUST STOPS. It doesn't even point you at
9 anything! (Yes it points you at the portage page about how to maintain
10 your system, but that isn't much use if you can't DO anything with the
11 system...)
12
13 I've found the page on Wayland, but it just says "set this use flag and
14 install two packages".
15
16 Where's the documentation that tells me what I need, and how to set it
17 up, please ...
18
19 Cheers,
20 Wol