From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to get rid of 32bits libraries
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 17:42:07
1 On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 16:55:49 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > > > If possible, I'd like to install any packages with abs_x86_32 which
4 > > > are
5 > required for
6 > > dev-util/android-sdk-update-manager
7 >
8 > I'd go looking upstream and see what they say about a 64-bit only
9 > version; is it possible, if so, what is the pathway.
12 Or look at the source configure options to see if it is possible to build
13 a static version, avoiding the need for any libraries. Although I still
14 don't understand the objection to 32 bit libraries. It's not like the
15 multilib kludge with binary blobs, these are libraries compiled by source
16 to fulfil a specific need, exactly like any other library.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 WinErr 018: Unrecoverable error - System has been destroyed. Buy a new
23 one. Old Windows licence is not valid anymore.