From: David Busby <busby@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2.4 -> 2.6 weirdness
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 02:37:05
1 creighto@××××××.org wrote:
2 > Nope, it's definitely udev.
3 >
4 > I have verified that genkernel does compile the agpgart module and create
5 > the /dev/agpgart as a symlink to /dev/misc/agpgart on the real filesystem.
6 > But when the udev 'populates' /dev it then mounts over top of the real
7 > /dev tree and the new /dev/ and /dev/misc/ have no agpgart present. Even
8 > if I compile in the 2.6 system, the links created are short lived as they
9 > die and udev rebuilds on next boot. I have no idea what to do next.
10
11 Can you turn off the /dev tarball feature?
12 From /etc/conf.d/rc
13
14 # Use this variable to control the /dev management behavior.
15 # auto - let the scripts figure out what's best at boot
16 # devfs - use devfs (requires sys-fs/devfsd)
17 # udev - use udev (requires sys-fs/udev)
18 # static - let the user manage /dev
19
20 RC_DEVICES="auto"
23 /djb