From: creighto@××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2.4 -> 2.6 weirdness
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 02:30:04
1 Nope, it's definitely udev.
2
3 I have verified that genkernel does compile the agpgart module and create
4 the /dev/agpgart as a symlink to /dev/misc/agpgart on the real filesystem.
5 But when the udev 'populates' /dev it then mounts over top of the real
6 /dev tree and the new /dev/ and /dev/misc/ have no agpgart present. Even
7 if I compile in the 2.6 system, the links created are short lived as they
8 die and udev rebuilds on next boot. I have no idea what to do next.
9
10 Creighton
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list