From: James Colannino <gentoo@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg on my server (talk me out if it?)
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 18:57:12
1 Grant wrote:
2
3 >> <>I'm definitely still a beginner. A chroot would allow me to do this?
4 >> Would I even need VMware in that case?
5 >>
6 >> What I'd like to be able to do is copy my current Gentoo server system
7 >> over to something (chroot, VMware, UML) and test emerges and
8 >> etc-updates on it to make sure nothing is broken. I would like to be
9 >> able to to test kernel changes, but I can live without it. UML
10 >> actually won't work at all because I use the hardened-sources.
13 You'll be able to test just about everything except kernel changes. For
14 kernel changes, you'll need either VMWare or another machine.
15
16 James
19 My blog: http://www.crazydrclaw.com/
20 My homepage: http://james.colannino.org/
21
22 "Black holes are where God divided by zero." --Steven Wright
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list