From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAID 1 on /boot
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 16:27:48
1 On Sat, 22 February 2014, at 5:27 am, Facundo Curti <facu.curti@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I'm going to get a new PC with a disc SSD 120GB and another HDD of 1TB. But in a coming future, I want to add 2 or more disks SSD.
4 >
5 > Mi idea now, is:
6 >
7 > Disk HHD: /dev/sda
8 > /dev/sda1 26GB
9 > /dev/sda2 90GB
10 > /dev/sda3 904GB
11 >
12 > Disk SSD: /dev/sdb
13 > /dev/sdb1 26GB
14 > /dev/sdb2 90GB
15 > /dev/sdb3 4GB
16 >
17 > And use /dev/sdb3 as swap. (I will add more with another SSD in future)
18 > /dev/sda3 mounted in /home/user/data (to save data unused)
19 >
20 > And a RAID 1 with:
21 > md0: sda1+sdb1 /
22 > md1: sda2+sdb2 /home
23 >
24 > (sda1 and sda2 will be made with the flag: write-mostly. This is useful for disks slower).
25 > In a future, I'm going to add more SSD's on this RAID. My idea is the fastest I/O.
28 I think you're thinking along the right lines, but I'd use something dedicated to the job:
29
30 http://bcache.evilpiepirate.org
31 https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bcache
32