From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Doubt about FLAG use
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:33:50
1 Hi,
2
3 what does top post mean?
4
5 My fault. I new I read it somewhere but I did not spend enough time to
6 read everything.
9 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-amd64.xml?part=2&chap=2
10
11 Declare temporary USE flags
12
13 Sometimes you want to set a certain USE setting only once. Instead of
14 editing /etc/make.conf twice (to do and undo the USE changes) you can
15 just declare the USE variable as environment variable. Remember that,
16 when you re-emerge or update this application (either explicitly or as
17 part of a system update) your changes will be lost!
18
19 As an example we will temporarily remove java from the USE setting
20 during the installation of seamonkey.
21
22 Code Listing 2.5: Using USE as environment variable
23
24 # USE="-java" emerge seamonkey
29 Alan McKinnon schrieb:
30 > 1. Please don't top post
31 >
32 > 2. This is a very bad suggestion, as portage does not record the
33 > settings used. With the next upgrade of mplayer, especially if it's a
34 > deep world update, mplayer will be remerged with standard USE flags,
35 > modified by make.conf and package.use. This will potentially pull in
36 > unwanted ipv6 stuff for example.
37 >
39 > long time now for these reasons.