From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Doubt about FLAG use
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:15:02
1 1. Please don't top post
2
3 2. This is a very bad suggestion, as portage does not record the
4 settings used. With the next upgrade of mplayer, especially if it's a
5 deep world update, mplayer will be remerged with standard USE flags,
6 modified by make.conf and package.use. This will potentially pull in
7 unwanted ipv6 stuff for example.
8
10 long time now for these reasons.