From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Program for posting to a Newsgroup
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 16:40:21
1 On 2016-07-13, Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 2016-07-13 14:50 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> > There are such tools for SMTP (swaks if nothing else). Why not for
5 >> > NNTP?
6 >>
7 >> Because you haven't written it yet? ;)
8 >
9 > In fact I have, see the OP. I just cannot believe I was the first one
10 > there.
11
12 All of the news server packages used to come with command line posting
13 utilities. But they usually posted to the local server and not to a
14 remote NNTP server. But, I haven't run a news server in 20+ years...
17 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! As President I have
18 at to go vacuum my coin
19 gmail.com collection!