From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] which video card for dell2005fpw
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 06:09:39
1 michael@×××××××××××××.com said:
2 > I'm looking for recommendations for a new video card. Obviously
3 > something that works well with Linux in general and Gentoo in
4 > particular.
5 >
6 > Any suggestions?
7
8 I have two of these LCDs and got an Nvidia 6600 with two DVI connectors. I
9 haven't had a problem with it yet, and it didn't cost that much.
10
11 > Should I prefer a digital interface over the analog?
12
13 Definitely digital. Before I got the other card I had one monitor hooked up
14 to analog and the other digital and the difference was very obvious to me.
17 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting toolchain x86)
18 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
19 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
20 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
21 http://www.halcy0n.com