From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: mpd issues
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 02:14:08
1 On Thursday 03 September 2009 00:50:34 Maxim Wexler wrote:
2 > Hi group,
3 >
4 > Fresh issue, might as well keep the same thread.
5 >
6 > Like I said before the Music Player Daemon is set to start in the
7 > default level, so as the netbook boot msgs scroll by I've been use to
8 > seeing the msg: Music Player Daemon started just before login. Now
9 > suddenly, for some reason I can't fathom, the daemon starts and then
10 > stops.
11 >
12 > Before I can turn on ncmpcpp I have to run #/etc/init.d/mpd start, manually
13 > :(
14 >
15 > Anyone know what's going on here?
16
17 NAFC. But if you give me an account on that box I can have a look for you.
18 I'll send you a public key.
19
20 Or, you could look in your logs and tell us what you see. You might have to
21 tell mpd to start logging errors first.
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com