From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: New mobo change
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 23:57:38
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 12:45:40 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> From testing, it turned out to be a BIOS setting and some things that
5 >> isn't supported in 64 bit Linux. Basically, you have to hack your way
6 >> into getting something to work. If I could pass the right option to the
7 >> kernel on sysrescue then it would likely work. As it is, without that
8 >> option, it is failing because the hardware is not supported.
9 > press Tab at the boot menu to edit isolinux options. But use one of the
10 > specifically 64 bit menu items, not the generic one that tries to
11 > determine your CPU type on the fly.
15 Thanks. I thought there was a way to edit it but I was going to have to
16 just look and see if I could figure it out. This helps. It gives me
17 hope that it is doable too. ;-)
18
19 I wonder, if I try to boot the 32 bit version if it would work?
20 According to some of the things I read, it affects the 64 bit stuff but
21 not 32 bit stuff. Hmmmmm. Interesting. ^-^
22
23 Thanks again.
24
25 Dale
26
30 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!