From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: New mobo change
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 07:50:45
1 On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 18:57:21 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > press Tab at the boot menu to edit isolinux options. But use one of
4 > > the specifically 64 bit menu items, not the generic one that tries to
5 > > determine your CPU type on the fly.
6 >
7 > Thanks. I thought there was a way to edit it but I was going to have to
8 > just look and see if I could figure it out. This helps. It gives me
9 > hope that it is doable too. ;-)
10 >
11 > I wonder, if I try to boot the 32 bit version if it would work?
12 > According to some of the things I read, it affects the 64 bit stuff but
13 > not 32 bit stuff. Hmmmmm. Interesting. ^-^
14
15 That's a good idea. Both use the same userspace so the only difference is
16 in the kernels, and I doubt there are many differences between them
17 except for the target architecture, so it old be a good test. You could
18 also try the two versions of the alt kernel.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Sometimes too much to drink is not enough.