From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] changed motherboard, no AHCI
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 08:04:21
1 120421 pk wrote:
2 > On 2012-04-21 04:12, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> It's an Asus P5G41T-M LX & the manual says :
4 > the chipset on that mobo is G41 (released in 2008) and it combines
5 > with ICH7 which unfortunately doesn't seem to support AHCI.
6
7 That's important to hear, but it can't be a show-stopper,
8 as the 3 other Linux distro's I've mentioned have no problem.
9 I tried compiling AHCI as [M], which is what Mandriva + Ubuntu do,
10 but it makes no difference. There must be some other setting
11 their kernels use to identify the drive, which mine doesn't have set.
12 Can anyone suggest what other settings to try ?
13 I've looked at their kernel .config files, but nothing jumps out.
14
15 At least, I've managed to compile + install a kernel
16 in a chroot using System Rescue, which I hadn't done before !
20 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
21 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
22 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca