From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to alter ./configure flags from emerge
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:53:55
1 Mattias Merilai <jah@××.ee> writes:
2
3 > seems that it does not look for a doc USE flag. You will have to
4 > manually change the ebuild to --with-docs. Gentoo's ebuild howto will
5 > explain you how to do that.
6
7 And this can be found....where? I've been jerking around on
8 gentoo.org for over 1/2 hr now and haven't spotted it in the lists of
9 documentation with the search features on Firefox since gentoo.org has
10 not even a search engine for its own pages.
11
12 Nearest I've come is:
13 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1#book_part2_chap3
14
15 You are advised to edit the ebuild's src_compile() function if you
16 want to change the compilation instructions. However, you can also
17 trick Portage into believing that the ebuild application has finished
18 the compile steps. Run all necessary commands yourself and create an
19 empty file called .compiled in the working directory:
20
21 I might get it right from this but is there more explicit coverage
22 somewhere?
23
24 I'm not asking you to dig up a URL just something off the top of your
25 head to guide my own search.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list