From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Guidance on encrypting my /home
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 20:33:23
1 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2
3 > As my goal is to encrypt root and swap *and* use suspend2, I had to
4 > go slightly different paths than the mentioned howto says.
5
6 ---
7
8 > Would you recommend to use the initramfs from the HOWTO, or might
9 > there be another way of doing it, staying closer at the genkernel-way
10 > of doing it?
11 >
12 > -
13
14 Update on this:
15
16 curiosity pushed me further, now I implemented that init-script as
17 provided and write this mail from a freshly resumed suspend2-session,
18 running fully on luks-encrypted /root and swap.
19
20 :-) nice ....
21
22 It wasn't *that* hard to do, now I am gonna testdrive this setup for
23 some days/hours, then I plan to remove the original unencrypted
24 partitions and move the encrypted partitions into their place, thereby
25 getting more space for /root etc.
26
27 Thanks for the HOWTO, I'd like to discuss things a bit further
28 nonetheless ...
29
30 Greetings, Stefan.
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list