From: Nils Larsson <ni1s@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] activating swap by udev event
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 16:07:12
1 tor 2010-07-01 klockan 08:49 -0700 skrev Bill Longman:
2 > On 07/01/2010 08:44 AM, SpaceCake wrote:
3 > > So, it solves the first problem, identifiying the device, but how can I
4 > > tell to udev to use always /dev/sds (for example) for this device?
5
6 You need to have the udev rule or the script that it runs look at
7 something specific(the swaplabel for instance).
8
9 > > I'm thinking how can I instruct udev to turn off swap when the device is
10 > > removed, but this is another story :)
11
12 I tried doing exactly what you're doing now awhile ago and this is where
13 I got stuck, swapoff needs the deivce node(path) to still exist, it
14 can't disable swap without it. I could never get swapoff to run before
15 udev removed the device node, so I ended up with the system thinking(or
16 at least reporting) that it had loads more swap than it actually did.