From: Nils Holland <nhg@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] usb modem pantech uml290
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:49:42
1 On 15:24 Sat 26 Feb , Valmor de Almeida wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Is anyone using the uml290 modem? I've never used one and recently
5 > acquired this model. What other kernel support is needed in addition
6 > to usb modem? and what package is needed to connect the modem
7 > (currently I use wicd for wired and wireless connection on a laptop
8 > where I intend to use the usb modem)? I've been checking info on the
9 > web and ubuntu seems to work with the modem but I have not found
10 > specific information on how to configure the kernel.
11
12 Well, not that I have any specific information or experience with this
13 modem, but you might want to have a look at
14
15 /usr/src/linux/Documentation/usb/acm.txt
16
17 on your local machine (assuming you have the kernel sources
18 installed). If your USB modem happens to support the CDC ACM standard,
19 then the information in that file should get you started.
20
21 Greetings,
22 Nils
25 Nils Holland * Ti Systems, Wunstorf-Luthe (Germany)
26 Our Gentoo mirror: http://rush.tisys.org/ (IPv4 + IPv6)
27 Powered by GNU/Linux since 1998