From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can I run a 32-bit CentOS chroot on a 64-bit Gentoo host?
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 08:24:58
1 On February 7, 2017 4:40:56 AM GMT+01:00, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Right now, I'm using a 32-bit CentOS QEMU VM to build Pale Moon for
3 >older machines. There's the usual processing overhead of a VM, plus it
4 >has to have it's own virtual disks with safety margin of space, plus 5
5 >gigabytes of swap space inside the VM.
6 >
7 > What I'd like to do is a 32-bit CentOS chroot inside my 64-bit Gentoo
8 >desktop host. I'm looking at rsync'ing the / directory from inside the
9 >CentOS VM file system to a directory on the 64-bit host, and then
10 >chroot
11 >into the copy on the host.
12 >
13 > Is it possible? Any booby-traps? Has anybody here done something
14 >similar?
15
16 I used to do this to build packages for my old 32bit netbook.
17
18 To start a 32bit chroot:
19 # linux32 chroot <directory> /bin/bash
22 Joost
23 --
24 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.