From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can I run a 32-bit CentOS chroot on a 64-bit Gentoo host?
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 03:41:44
1 Right now, I'm using a 32-bit CentOS QEMU VM to build Pale Moon for
2 older machines. There's the usual processing overhead of a VM, plus it
3 has to have it's own virtual disks with safety margin of space, plus 5
4 gigabytes of swap space inside the VM.
5
6 What I'd like to do is a 32-bit CentOS chroot inside my 64-bit Gentoo
7 desktop host. I'm looking at rsync'ing the / directory from inside the
8 CentOS VM file system to a directory on the 64-bit host, and then chroot
9 into the copy on the host.
10
11 Is it possible? Any booby-traps? Has anybody here done something
12 similar?
15 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
16 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications