From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Why is Gentoo so slow when internet is out?
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 00:33:07
1 On 11/28/05, Alexander Kirillov <nevis2us@××××××××.su> wrote:
2 > >>The local resolver lib will use either /etc/hosts file or dns queries in
3 > >>the order defined in your /etc/host.conf
4 > >
5 > > You mean /etc/nsswitch.conf?
6 >
7 > I probably do. Is /etc/host.conf still of any use?
8
9 Actually, I'm not sure. I've always edited nsswitch.conf to get it to
10 do what I want, with good results.
11
12 I see with strace that when I ping <somehost>, both nsswitch.conf and
13 host.conf are opened. The man pages don't reveal anything about their
14 relationship, so I guess I'll have to take a look at the glibc sources
15 tonight.
16
17 -Richard
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list