From: Rudmer van Dijk <rudmer.van.dijk@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xfce4 shutdown issues
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 05:32:37
1 On Wednesday 06 July 2011 16:37:40 john wrote:
2 > Since a recent upgrade of polkit (I think) as a normal user I can no
3 > longer shutdown using log out, shutdown option not available. As root
4 > using shutdown only logs you out but does not shutdown.
5 >
6 > On a second machine as a normal user I can see shutdown but this only
7 > logs me out.
8 >
9 > Are we supposed to write our own rules for this?
10 >
11 > I am in plugdev group and have dbus, consolekit and polkit in use flags.
12 >
13 > I cannot see any difference between config files on 2 machines but 1 is
14 > a laptop the other desktop???
15 >
16 > Any suggestions other than converting to e16? (which is becoming
17 > tempting). This seems to happen every upgrade of xfce4/polkit/dbus.
18
19 I had the same problem and have made this rule/config in
20 /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/power.pkla
21
22 -- start file --
23 [Local restart]
24 Identity=unix-group:wheel
25 Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.restart
26 ResultAny=yes
27 ResultInactive=no
28 ResultActive=yes
29
30 [Local shutdown]
31 Identity=unix-group:wheel
32 Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.stop
33 ResultAny=yes
34 ResultInactive=no
35 ResultActive=yes
36
37 [Local restart - multiple]
38 Identity=unix-group:wheel
39 Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.restart-multiple-users
40 ResultAny=yes
41 ResultInactive=no
42 ResultActive=yes
43
44 [Local shutdown - multiple]
45 Identity=unix-group:wheel
46 Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.stop-multiple-users
47 ResultAny=yes
48 ResultInactive=no
49 ResultActive=yes
50 -- end file --
51
52 don't know where I got it from, not from a Gentoo handbook...
53 but this works for me 8-)
54
55 you might also want to use an udisks.pkla to access usb devices:
56
57 -- start file --
58 [udisks full access]
59 Identity=unix-group:usb