From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads-up; bash now uses "readline" USE flag
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 22:53:12
1 On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:19:38 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > > I'd rather have that that an unusable shell. As was noted elsewhere
4 > > this weekend, even if a USE flag is set but renamed, -* screws it
5 > > up.
6 >
7 > So no matter what I do or don't do, a developer can find a way to
8 > screw me up.
9
10 Yes, but since the devs know far more about the workings of the system
11 and the interrelationships of its components than I do, I prefer to work
12 with them than against them.
13
14 I prefer to start with a known, working profile and tweak it. Rather than
15 deliberately break everything and then apply my own fixes just to avoid
16 the odd chance anyone else accidentally breaking it for me.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 . <-Stealth Tagline