From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] clone root from HDD to SSD causes no video with NVIDIA driver
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 18:20:48
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: tuxic@××××××.de <tuxic@××××××.de>
3 > Sent: Monday, June 8, 2020 18:14
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] clone root from HDD to SSD causes no video with
6 > NVIDIA driver
7 >
8 > You said, you are able to ssh into your PC.
9 > I would try the following: Boot the PC, ssh into it and disable the start of X.
10 > Boot again: Are you getting the console login successfully?
11
12 X is started by lxdm, which is started by an /etc/local.d/ script. I removed that, after reboot I no longer see X processes, but no conole except for SSH.
13 Syslog still shows the nvidia module being loaded. I removed 'modules' from boot runlevel, nvidia is still loaded. I unmerged nvidia-drivers, nvidia still loaded. This is puzzling me.
14
15 > Can you check, whether /dev , /proc , /sys and other directories of a special
16 > function are created and filled correctly?
17 > Are the permissions ok?
18 > Is /run available and setup correctly?
19
20 To the best of my knowledge yes, they look fine.
21
22 > Are there any leftovers from the root@hd in /etc/fstab?
23
24 I rewrote fstab using UUID instead of /dev/sdx, there shouldn't be problems there.
25
26 > If you get to console successfully, is it possible to start X from the
27 > commandline? What is printed on the terminal?
28 > What does X.log say?
29
30 No console except SSH. I'm not sure I can invoke startx from an SSH.
31
32 Thanks,
33
34 raffaele