From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] clone root from HDD to SSD causes no video with NVIDIA driver
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 03:43:47
1 Hi,
2
3 if even displaying the console login failed, then the hole display
4 system has gone nuts...but since the boot process as such (that is:
5 the bios prompt right after POSTing) is visible, I would say, that
6 there is no physical problem (that is: cable connected to port 2 of
7 the monitor while the monitor is switched to port 1 and such).
8
9 I would try this:
10 Boot your PC, ssh into the PC and download the according
11 nvidia-drivers directly from NVIDIA of the same version.
12
13 quickpkg the installed drivers and remove them
14
15 Check whether /usr/src/linux links to the kernel
16 sources of the kernel version you are booting.
17
18 Install the NVIDIA-drivers you have downloaded.
19
20 Reboot.
21
22 Background:
23 The portage package does not install nvidia-drivers correctly -
24 in my case, X and such works fine but RTX/Optix which is used
25 by Blender was defunc. After installing the original package
26 and masked the one which came with portage everything works
27 fine.
28
29 Cheers!
30 Meino