From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub menu and the new openrc
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 16:25:07
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > My setup works just fine with run-levels that I set up years ago. I have one
3 > for no-x, which as well as not starting X also omits services that are only
4 > useful in X. I also use the nonetwork run-level for major emerges such as
5 > wholesale upgrades of KDE.
6 >
7 > The only thing I can think of at the moment that annoys me about open-rc is
8 > the loss of alphabetical ordering in the output from rc-update -s -v;
9 > everything else just works (well, apart from Flash in web browsers, but that
10 > hardly counts).
14 I came in for a break. I'm disabled so I just do a little then take a
15 breather. Whew!! Anyway, I think it is something on my rig that is not
16 right. I'm hoping to test my old x86 rig soon. It is a really old
17 install with some really old config files. If it works there, then I
18 know it is just this install be it something specific to amd86 or just a
19 setting I have that others don't. Could the kernel affect this somehow?
20
21 Will try to reboot this rig later on. I'll have to get a monitor and
22 stuff hooked to my old x86 rig to test it.
23
24 Dale
25