From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub menu and the new openrc
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 14:23:24
1 On Wednesday 18 May 2011 14:56:59 Dale wrote:
2
3 > The Mississippi river is flooding on the other side of the state and I'm
4 > dry here on this side. I actually live less than a mile from a different
5 > river. Weather is so weird sometimes. I don't want to think about the
6 > folks North and South of me. Tornadoes a couple weeks ago. I live in a
7 > valley next to a hill, I'm not complaining tho. It keeps the BAD winds
8 > away. o_O If anyone saw it on the news, I'm about 40 miles or so
9 > South of Smithville MS. It's gone. I saw what was left with my own
10 > eyes. Houses are piles of rubbish. I haven't seen Tuscaloosa yet but
11 > it is about 60 miles East of me. Sounds bad and looks bad on TV. :-(
12
13 Eek! I remember the two years I spent in Minneapolis, when we remarked that
14 over there we had "real weather".
15
16 > Back on topic, I'll reboot and test this in a while. I had this setting
17 > before but missed it during the upgrade. Still can't figure out why it
18 > doesn't work from grub like it used to.
19
20 My setup works just fine with run-levels that I set up years ago. I have one
21 for no-x, which as well as not starting X also omits services that are only
22 useful in X. I also use the nonetwork run-level for major emerges such as
23 wholesale upgrades of KDE.
24
25 The only thing I can think of at the moment that annoys me about open-rc is
26 the loss of alphabetical ordering in the output from rc-update -s -v;
27 everything else just works (well, apart from Flash in web browsers, but that
28 hardly counts).
31 Rgds
32 Peter