From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: vbox vm no boot
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 06:21:24
1 On Monday 05 Dec 2011 01:25:06 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
3 > > FATAL: No bootable medium found! System halted
4 > >
5 > > That's a BIOS error, the vm's kernel and it's drivers have not yet been
6 > > loaded, never mind running when that happens. In this respect a VM
7 > > works just like physical hardware, so what does one do with that error
8 > > on physical hardware? you check the BIOS settings.
9 > >
10 > > Harry, start the VM and engage the BIOS setup, see what it has been
11 > > configured to do wrt booting.
12 >
13 > You may have missed a post where I reported that resetting /dev/sda1
14 > as bootable using gparted rather than fdisk, allowed the boot to
15 > proceed. We are now at a kernel panic posted at:
16 >
17 > www.jtan.com/~reader/vu1/disp.cgi
18 >
19 > Where it appears there is a missing driver.
20
21 Did you try to untick the floppy drive (from the storage tab)?
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick