From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: vbox vm no boot
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 01:28:24
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > FATAL: No bootable medium found! System halted
4 >
5 > That's a BIOS error, the vm's kernel and it's drivers have not yet been
6 > loaded, never mind running when that happens. In this respect a VM
7 > works just like physical hardware, so what does one do with that error
8 > on physical hardware? you check the BIOS settings.
9 >
10 > Harry, start the VM and engage the BIOS setup, see what it has been
11 > configured to do wrt booting.
12
13 You may have missed a post where I reported that resetting /dev/sda1
14 as bootable using gparted rather than fdisk, allowed the boot to
15 proceed. We are now at a kernel panic posted at:
16
17 www.jtan.com/~reader/vu1/disp.cgi
18
19 Where it appears there is a missing driver.