From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dracut + UUID : a problem solved
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 00:51:02
1 On 06/10/2012 03:33 PM, Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday 10 Jun 2012 22:48:32 Alan McKinnon wrote:
3
4 >> That has *got* to be the first time ever someone could validly call
5 >> grub "simple" and "well-documented"
6 >>
7 >> Usually, grub is anything but :-)
8 >
9 > Well documentation is pretty good me thinks, or at least GRUB legacy was. I
10 > haven't yet delved at any depth into GRUB2, which is of course more
11 > complicated than its predecessor.
12 >
13 > PS. [OT] what key am I supposed to press to be able to see some more verbose
14 > output on the console while *ubuntu is booting?
15
16 I'm no expert on ubuntu, though I update my ubuntu virtualbox guest a few times
17 every year (hoping against hope that my wife will abandon her infatuation with
18 Bill Gates and join us). (Fat chance.)
19
20 The simple grub2 shell commands have a good deal in common with legacy grub:
21
22 When in doubt hit "c" or "e", then hit "tab" for a (long) list of grub2 commands.